- Repels Shaytan, and humiliates him.
- Pleasing to Allaah.
- Removes sorrows and heartaches.
- Brings happiness and optimism to the heart.
- Brightens the heart and face.
- Increases one’s sustenance and blessings.
- Causes one to grow closer in love to Allah.
- Opens up a door of dialogue between the servant and the Lord.
- When done in fortunate circumstances, it’s repaid by Allah remembering him in less fortunate circumstances.
- Causes its practitioner to be kind and loving to others.
Summary of Wabil as-Sayyib by Ibn al-Qayyim